Monday, March 30, 2009

Our fun in the sun....Day 1


We had a great trip. I don't know if I would recommend getting up a 4:00 a.m. , flying to L.A., renting a car, checking into a hotel and going to Disneyland until 11:oo p.m. This makes a long day...but you're only young once, unfortunately my once is long gone. A few years ago I would have stayed until Disneyland closed...guess I'm getting old.


Mom, Dave, Dustin and I went to a drawing class at Disneyland. We learned how to draw Piglet. I think the three of them did a great job. Mine which, will not be pictured, looked more like a kangaroo than piglet. Maybe it because Duane and Deanna called me and I missed a few steps.







Look out Disney Artists you have competition.













We were lucky enough to have Donna and Jim join us at Disneyland was really fun getting to spend some time with them.


We all went to see the "Broadway style" play of Aladdin. They had some amazing props....great jokes...Aladdin flying on the magic carpet...life sized elephants, camels and horse puppets. Dave even stayed awake most of the time :) so it must have been good.


When we were heading back to the car after our long day, we were lucky enough to see the Disneyland fireworks from the top level of the parking garage.



Our bed sure looked inviting when we got to the hotel...I think we all made record time getting ready for bed. We stayed at the Radisson it was a great place to stay and play. They had a complete breakfast, sleep number beds, kitchen and beautiful courtyard.


That's all she wrote,
Diane

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting all week for your post. Finally!!!! It was fun. Sorry if we were the old fuddy duddies. You probaby could have stayed till midnight. You seem to always run circles around us. I'm so glad we got to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, FINALLY! :) Looks like you all had so much fun! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete