Friday, April 24, 2009

Dustin's Spring Comcert


Dustin had his spring concert and he did great. He was afraid he wouldn't do well because he miss so many classes due to our trip. They sounded awesome. The concert had all ages playing, (4th-12th grade) it was the best school concert I had been to. The high school chamber orchestra had just won 1 place in a competition against Washington, Oregon, California and Idaho. So we were listening to very talented kids.



Dustin has been asked to play in a concert for his school. He will be playing with the older students. So he has to learn harder songs...keeps him out of trouble.
I no longer need earplugs when he practices. Things just keep getting better and better.

That's all she wrote...
Diane

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! Wow, didn't know he was so talented. I hope you can post a video of him playing as I have yet to hear him.
    One of the things I miss about not living up there is missing out on all the things like school concerts, ice cream socials and guest lunches. They grow up sooo fast and I am missing so many events. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Dustin!!! We are really happy for you. We would like too to hear you playing, so maybe we'll be lucky to find a video on the blog next time.
    It was nice to see you briefly today. Dustin knows how to entertain Emily and Jonathan.
    Ivona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back memories of when my girls played an instrument. P.S. I love the flower picture at the top of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so proud of Dustin, nice work buddy! Hopefully you can play for us in person one day soon! Maybe Dustin and Kendall can work on a violin/trumpet duet! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss your updates....surely there's something you can post about ;-)

    Miss you! D

    ReplyDelete