Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Dustin!!

Dustin is in double digits!!
I can't believe that Dustin is 10 years old already. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that he can home from the hospital.

I asked Dustin what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he said "Mom you're busy you don't need to make a cake". That's what I love about Dustin he is very thoughtful of other people. Well, because I had nothing better to do (ha ha) I decided to make him a sword cake, that should be easy..just a handle and a blade. After spending several hours I finally had a cake that I liked. You know me I have to put too much detail into a simple cake.
Dustin got a sword (reproduction) as a birthday present, this inspired us to redo Dustin's bedroom. I will put up pictures when it is finished. We are painting, remodeling furniture, and getting rid of 10 years worth of toys...maybe 8 years of toys most of the stuff in his room has not been played with for a long time. This has turned into a huge project.






I didn't want the boys fighting with real swords so I also got them play ones...Oh the battles that have been fought.

Lot's of fun.








That's all she wrote..
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Your sword cake is awesome!!! Your right! IT doesn't seem possible he is 10 years old. TIme flies. I miss you all so much~! Now I want to see photos of his new bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, he getting sall growed up!!...how time flies......Sure am happy we get to watch the growing up process..a special boy!! Love you....Grandma Fern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice to 'discover' your blog!
    This is a good reminder for me that time flies, even if I don't like it... I am so very aware of it and I know we should value each moment and each stage of our kid's life.
    Happy 10th Birthday Dustin!

    ReplyDelete